Reduce to Quit
• Quitting smoking completely means you’ll feel the health benefits of quitting smoking more quickly.
• Stopping completely will test your willpower to the max, and it’s perfectly normal for this to make you irritable and frustrated for a while.
• Cutting down means you’ll still be smoking some cigarettes but gives you the flexibility to reduce your habit bit by bit.
• If quitting smoking feels like an impossible task, cutting down gradually may help you realize that you are not powerless – and you can in fact take positive steps to stop smoking.
• Slowly reducing the amount of cigarettes you smoke can be a good way to quit, as long as you actually do end up quitting.
• Cutting down slowly means you’ll still be damaging your health and puffing away your income until you quit for good.