Setting and tracking goals with Nicorette SmartTrack
Download the Nicorette® Stop Smoking App
Introducing Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™
We know that giving up smoking is a big undertaking. It requires patience and dedication – but it’s also one that hundreds of thousands of people begin every year, with more than half successfully stopping .
Becoming smoke-free doesn’t just happen overnight – you’ll need to build your way up, step by step with a gradual approach. Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ was designed with smokers for smokers to help you do just that – to quit smoking, one step at a time.
It is the world’s 1st Connected* Stop Smoking Spray and enables you to tap and track your nicotine usage against a personalised quit plan. Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ connects to the Nicorette Stop Smoking app to record your usage against set goals.
Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ has a host of features to help you on your quit journey.
Uses Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to connect to your smartphone
- Connects to a personalised stop smoking app to track your usage and progress
- Was developed with behavioural scientists and using evidence-based behaviour change techniques (BCTs)
Learn how to set and track your goals to begin your journey towards stopping smoking with Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ Mouthspray.
How to set and track goals with Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™
Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ connects with the Nicorette® Stop Smoking app. Here you can set and track goals to start your journey towards becoming smoke-free. Personalise your goals to improve your chances of stopping smoking with the following steps.
Start by downloading the Nicorette® Stop Smoking app. It’s available to download for free for both Apple iPhone and Android devices from:
Download the Nicorette® Stop Smoking App
Once downloaded, open the Nicorette® tracking app and follow the onscreen instructions to set up your profile. No configuration is needed – simply tap your Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ dispenser on the back of your smartphone and you’re ready to track your usage.
You can download the app for most smartphones, but your device must support Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to connect with Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™. Most Android devices, iPhone 7 and newer models using iOS 11 and above support NFC – just make sure it’s enabled within your phone settings to begin.
Find out more with our guide to getting started with Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™.
Build your own personalised quit plan within the app to stop smoking in a way that’s tailored to your behaviours. Setting your own milestones breaks down the process of quitting smoking into manageable steps. This way, you can easily visualise your progress for extra motivation to help you reach your goals.
Set a new goal by clicking the option at the top of the dashboard. Information about your current smoking habits, what you want to achieve and over what time period will help to define your goals.
Any goals you set are flexible, so you can adapt them as you progress and complete at your own pace. To access your personal goals, open the Nicorette® Stop Smoking app on your phone:
- On the dashboard, click the Flag icon for active goals in the bottom-left corner.
- Here you can see your current goals, progress you’ve made, and how long is left to achieve them.
- Choose a goal and you can end, restart or boost a goal (extend the time limit).
Once you’ve completed a goal, you can re-attempt it at any time. To do so:
- Go into the goals tab
- Click set a goal
- Swipe left on the screen to move back to previous goals or swipe right to move ahead
Once you’ve downloaded the Nicorette® tracking app and set your personal quit plan, it’s time to actively start your quit journey. Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ is a Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) that’s designed to reduce your cigarette usage. It starts to relieve cravings in 30 seconds to help you quit for good.
To use the mouthspray:
- Push the black button in and slide upwards until the top of the dispenser locks into place.
- If you’re using Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ for the first time, press the pump firmly into a tissue until a fine mist appears.
- Push the top of the dispenser firmly to spray into your mouth – avoiding your lips and inside your throat.
- Wait a few seconds before swallowing – do not inhale.
- After a few minutes, if you still have cravings, use the spray again. Do not use more than 2 sprays per dose or 4 sprays every hour. Maximum usage is 64 sprays per 24 hours, equivalent to 4 sprays per hour for 16 hours.
- Slide the button down until it can be pushed slightly inwards to lock.
For further information on using your spray please read the patient information leaflet for full instructions, discover how Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ works.
When you get a craving for a cigarette, reach for your Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ and spray into your mouth. To record your usage, tap the back of the device on the back of your smartphone.
Every tap tracks one use of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) – so if you still have cravings and take a second spray, tap the canister twice on the back of your phone. The app automatically records each tap to track against your goals, levels and milestones to record use of 2 sprays.
If you accidentally tap the dispenser against your phone – when putting it back in your pocket, for example – you can delete it by clicking cancel on the pop-up that confirms a usage. Alternatively, on the app’s dashboard choose the number of NRT uses in the top-left corner, then click the bin icon next to the accidental usage to remove it.
Depending on your specific goals, you can use the Nicorette® Stop Smoking app to track your:
- NRT and cigarette usage
- Money saved by not smoking
- How long you’ve been smoke-free
Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ uses Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to connect to your smartphone and the stop smoking app. It works in the same way as contactless card and Apple Pay technology.
There’s an NFC chip in the back of your Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ device. When it’s placed close to your phone, it recognises the device is near and tracks one spray.
To accurately track each usage, make sure your phone is unlocked. On certain phones you also need to have the app open (iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus and X).
Learn more about the technology behind Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ .
Track your goals
There are 4 levels within the Nicorette® tracking app, each with different goals to guide your journey to being smoke-free. Once you complete all the goals in 1 level, you unlock the next.
The 4 levels you work through are:
- Level 1 – Mental preparation to begin your personalised quitting plan.
- Level 2 – Reducing the number of cigarettes you smoke over a set period, defined by your current smoking levels and goals.
- Level 3 – Supporting you on your quit journey as you replace cigarettes with NRT usage.
- Level 4 – Reducing your NRT usage as you move towards becoming smoke-free.
If you’ve already stopped smoking you can start at Level 3. You can also return to previous levels once completed to reattempt specific goals.
Your progress against your goals is automatically recorded when you tap and track each Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ usage. You can also manually track every time you smoke a cigarette or are using a different NRT format.
Visualising your nicotine usage and behaviours in this way gives you a clear overview. It helps you to see if you are on target to meet your goals or need to keep cutting down or extend the time period to meet them.
To restart a goal within the app:
- Go into the goals tab from the app dashboard
- Choose your active goal
- Click on the three dots at the bottom right and choose restart goal
The flexibility to adapt your personal goals along the way is one of the many benefits of Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™.
If you’re having issues setting and tracking goals, these troubleshooting tips should help.
There are various reasons why your taps may not be tracked. To ensure each usage is recorded:
- Check your phone supports NFC technology.
- Refer to your phone’s settings and enable NFC.
- Make sure you’ve set up a profile in the Nicorette® Stop Smoking app.
- Unlock your phone and tap the back of the canister to the correct part of your phone (the back of Android devices and the top of the back/front of an iPhone).
- Remove your phone case to see whether this is causing connection problems.
Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ works with any Android or Apple phone that supports NFC. Most of the newest Android devices already support it, but make sure NFC is enabled within your settings.
iPhone 7 and all newer models also support NFC. You will need iOS 11 or above.
If you have an iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus or X you will need to open the app to record a spray. To do this:
- Press '+' and choose Quickmist SmartTrack.
- Tap and hold your phone against the NFC chip on the mouthspray label after every spray.
Yes, if you track a usage by accident you can click cancel on the pop-up instead of confirming it. Alternatively, go into the NRT number of uses section within the app and select the bin icon next to the usage(s) you want to delete.
Start your journey to quitting with NICORETTE® QuickMist SmartTrack™
Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ is the world’s 1st connected* stop smoking spray – offering a new way to start your journey to becoming smoke-free.
Setting your own personal goals and tracking your progress provides the motivation you need to start and continue along the road to stopping smoking for good.
It’s designed to increase your chances of success with additional behavioural support, so you’re more likely to quit**. Work through the 4 levels, see how much money you’re saving and enjoy the benefits of a smoke-free future.
Ready to begin your journey to a smoke-free life with Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™? Buy Nicorette® QuickMist SmartTrack™ here and start setting your goals and tracking your progress today.
Nicorette QuickMist SmartTrack Mouthspray contains nicotine. Stop Smoking Aid. Requires willpower. Always read the label.
*by technology to an app
**Vs Nicotine Replacement Therapy alone