How to use Nicorette® Gum
Nicorette Gum is a medicine so you use (or chew) it differently to ordinary chewing gum. When you chew Nicorette® Gum it releases nicotine, so it’s important not to chew continuously.
This could release the nicotine too quickly and lead to it being swallowed1. This may then result in you experiencing side effects such as an irritated throat, upset stomach or hiccups.
Understand how to use Nicorette gum effectively by following the Nicorette® Gum chewing technique:
• Chew one piece of Nicorette Gum until the taste becomes strong.
• Rest the piece of nicotine gum between your gum and cheek and wait for the taste to fade.
• When the taste has faded, start to chew the gum again.
• Repeat the process for up to half an hour, at which point the gum should lose its strength.
• Dispose of the nicotine gum carefully